"Lousy Things About 2007:
"Indulgences for 2008, as well. Indulgence #1: Crochet a queen size afghan for my bedroom. I have some yarn, an afghan I love that my mom promised to teach me how to duplicate the stitch on, and a newly discovered appreciation for crochet. Also, keep playing with different kinds of yarn and stitches. No afghan for me, but my gorgeous quilt is finally done and on my bed! Many star afghans for friends who've had babies, and much playing has been done.
Indulgence #2: Trip to California. RWA Conference, Vixen, the Drawing Club, maybe lunch with the amazing Doug, possibly some tourist activity... Cancelled due to vehicle issues and the need to get my camera repaired. Maybe this year...
Indulgence #3: Paint. I know, this is one from last year, but still very important to me. Are we counting the bodrooms? 'Cause once again, nothing on canvas.
Indulgence #4: Believe in my ability as a storyteller. Finish the first book, and start another - NaNo again, when the time comes. Well, I started, and I have a kick ass idea, but I'm just now starting to be able to sit at a desk and write for any length of time again.
Indulgence #5: Wine. Loving the Will Write for Wine podcasts, and trying new wines semi-regularly." A little. None since I had to ove back home (we live in the church parsonage, and "Baptists do NOT drink" Not that I have reconverted, just trying to go along to get along)
So, not all good or all bad.
Worst of 2008:
1. Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, and D&C simultaneously. While all three procedures went well, and I am thrilled to be non-cancerous, there have been problems since I overdid about two weeks after the surgery that seem to be unresolvable. More doctors = more medical bills to pay.
2. Patches the cat died, and I had to leave Woody and Marty behind when I moved in with my Mom.
3. My truck has been slowly decomposing, and I'm having trouble holding it together long enough to have mechanical relatives patch it back up.
4. My Wolverine MVP fried its power source, and had to be sent in for repairs. About three weeks after I got it back, the new kitten knocked it off the desk, and now none of the data input ports work. I do have a techie friend looking into the problem.
5. Both my oldest nephew and niece are depressed and having a hard time of things. For a bit, things were starting to look up, because they moved in with us and we were getting them counseling and a stable life. Then, my self-centered jackass of an ex-sister-in-law threw a hissy fit and nsisted that the kids had to either move back in with her or with their dad. They chose their dad (um, duh?) which means changing schools mid semester and living about an hour and a half away from us, as well as having to find new therapists and all that.
Best of 2008:
1. Tina Turner in Chicago. I got to see her on the second night of her comeback tour, and she's been my hero for a long time. I cannot even count how many times I teared up, and the show rocked the house.
2. My finished quilt.
3. My new bedroom.
4. Cleopatra Slunk Butt, the crazy sweet kitten with vile gas.
5. Started gardening, and had an incredible square foot garden.
Indulgences of 2009:
1. Smart phone. On Saturday the third I bought the LG Incite, and I am in love!
2. North American Discworld Con. I'm taking my nephew, who is also a huge Pratchett fan.
3. RWA Nationals in Washington DC? This is conditional on finishing the first draft of either book in progress, and may take second consideration to Discworld Con.
4. Actual vacation, hopefully seeing four friends in the south and possibily one in Michigan.
5. You know, I think I'm upgrading putting paint on an actual canvas to a necessity this year. I am being haunted by paintings, and really need to do something about it!