Tuesday, May 02, 2006

D-Day (Part One)

So, if this were a fairy tale, and I was the princess looking for my way home, today would be the day I meet up with the wise old woman (who may or may not help me). In the fairy tale, they'd be interested in ascertaining whether I was kind, loyal, and helpful... None of that will help me in this one. I'm lost in the dark forest, and feel very alone and scared; knowing the wise old woman is going to test me gives me only the chance to worry about the test. And it won't be the end of any of the bad things, just - maybe - the beginning of the right path. And it's very hard to be hopeful, because this has been a excruciatingly bad last several days. My wise old woman interaction has not been good to this point, either.
My life isn't much of a fairy tale, despite being named princess. I do, however, have some of the most kick-ass friends on the planet. I haven't been particularly good at keeping up correspondence lately, but I want you all to know that the memories of you are what keep me going, what keep me fighting for everything.

No comments: